Let Me Tell You!
Political Comment and News Items
This page is under construction
As you might expect, I feel strongly about politics. I think we need to be informed and to think logically before we can reach conclusions. Labels and sound bites are the tools of demagogues. Here are some of the things that I expect to comment on or to make available to you. I will sometimes include copies of clippings from the day's news.
More to Come!
- Cope Don't Carp
- What went wrong while we were off building the world's greatest democracy?
- Governor Roy Romer
- Governor Roy Romer has just been appointed Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He'll be a winner!
- Robertson is a right-wing Demagogue
- I clipped this from the local paper. I think it is well-stated indictment.
- Quick Clips
- Some recent items of note from the news with comments. Security and false alarms, gun dealer licenses, rare bats sighted. New item on a much traveled teddy bear - a real "feel good" story.
- White House Fund-Raising over the Years
- Anybody who believes that the present news about White House access is new is just kidding themselves. Just why is it so beneficial to give big sums to the politicians of both parties. By the way, the Republicans got about half again as much as the Democrats.
- Campaign Financing Reform
- I surely hope this is an idea whose time has come. Let's not just band-aid it - let's get money out of politics. I know it's a first amendment problem but we must do something before we lose our democracy.
March 10, 1997
This page hosted by Get your own Free Home Page